Psychologist and Family Therapist
- Loss and Grief
- Cancer and other illnesses
Nathan started his professional career as a secondary teacher, working in schools for over twenty years. He has also been a Psychologist and Family Therapist for over twenty years. He has thus spent over forty years working with the issues of individuals and their families.
After retraining as a psychologist, Nathan worked in the Salvation Army Bridge Program, Taskforce, Odyssey House, Inner South Community Health Centre, Genesis Medical Centre, Meadows Medical Centre, and at the Albert Road Clinic. He commenced his private practice in Prahran in 1996, and then moved to Rooms in South Yarra in 2008.
Nathan was diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia in early 2017, and took the rest of the year off work to focus on his health. He has made a good recovery from his stem cell transplant and began working at the Williams Road Psychotherapy Centre in January, 2018.
Nathan has also run a variety of groups –
- for problematic cannabis users,
- for Naltrexone users,
- for parents and partners of the addicted,
- offering training and supervision for telephone counsellors dealing with calls involving life-threatening illnesses made by the diagnosed or their carers, and
- for partners of women with post-natal depression.
For further information: www.nathankotler.com.au
Rebates for fees are available for clients who have:
- A referral involving a Mental Health Treatment Plan from a GP which allows a rebate from Medicare for up to ten sessions in a calendar year. To organise this referral, please ring your GP and ask the Receptionist for a longer appointment so that the GP can prepare the Plan.
- A referral from a psychiatrist which automatically acts a referral under Medicare for rebate purposes.
- Extras cover for Psychology on a private health insurance policy.
Phone: 0455 512 685